The Thingsquare Platform
Thingsquare connects people with the world, with the Thingsquare platform. Product developers connect to their customers and their customers connect to the physical world.
To try out the Thingsquare platform without the need for any hardware, run our
The Thingsquare platform consists of three parts:
- Device firmware: this part sits on a wireless chip inside the product.
- Backend stack: the database and control system that connects the wireless devices, the users, and their smartphones.
- User frontends: this is what the users sees on a smartphone or a computer screen
The Thingsquare platform architecture
Read more about the Thingsquare platform:
The backend stack is also accessible through an API (Application Programming Interface) that allows other software systems to be connected to the platform. The API is a REST API, accessed via HTTPS. The backend stack software runs either on a server in the cloud, or on a locally hosted server.
Read more about the API:
In the Thingsquare system, each device connects to the backend stack over a secure Internet connection. The devices use wireless communication to form a self-healing mesh network, allowing large numbers of devices to be connected. Each mesh is connected to the Internet via a transparent gateway.
Read more about the device firmware:
The Thingsquare system provides over-the-air firmware update functionality.
Read more about firmware updates:
- Firmware updates
- Getting started with the firmware SDK
- Getting started developing with the firmware SDK
As a product owner, you will see your product through the administration console: